Quick Snips & Snaps
Dr. Bob's New Book
Living Lavina & Walking NYC
Blog for Walk
Walking on the Edge - 2013
Living on the Edge - 2014
Blogtalkradio - June 12
Test Run for Walk 2013
Road and Radio Ready
At Thousand Springs, ID
Lessons from Roads
Less Traveled 2012
#1 On Patrol
#2 The Van Guys
#3 Amity and Runaway
Amity Abides (Part 2)
#4 Romney & Imagination
#5 Kindness & Peace
Dr. Bob's Other Sites
Rocky Mountain Astrologer
On The Road
Harlo to Wells
Follow Dr. Bob's
and the 2013 Walk
front -- back
Join in the Spirit of the Walk,
by purchasing a TShirt
like Dr. Bob's
- $25 includes shipping -
Click logo above
Books: Paper Books and eBooks
|SCIENCE SET FREE:
10 Paths to New Discovery - by Rupert Sheldrake, Ph.D.
1) Is Nature Mechanical?
2) Is the Total Amount of Matter and Energy (in the Universe) Always the Same?
3) Are the Laws of Nature Fixed?
4) Is Matter Unconscious?
5) Is Nature Purposeless?
6) Is All Biological Inheritance Material?
7) Are Memories Stored as Material Traces?
8) Are Minds Confined to Brains?
9) Are Psychic Phenomena Illusory?
10) Is Mechanistic Medicine the Only Kind that Really Works?
These are titles for the first 10 chapters and the outline for Sheldrake's recent book.
Passing over the Questions even quickly, you can readily guess that Dr. Sheldrake
concludes all the answers to be a resounding NO.
The writer is neither creationist nor a religionist of any sort.
He sees the Science model as limited and falling short in answering important questions.
Rupert has his own way to address all of the questions, and ideas on how
to broaden science by using free thought and modest experiments.
Scientists are humans like the rest of us. Flawed, political, desirous of acclaim, etc.
Thus, they are imperfect and subject to error.
Science is a relatively new discipline and has only begun to explore lesser and greater universes.
We live on a small planet, in a modest-sized system and in one of billions of galaxies.
We also have small brains - even scientists - and limited experience even on this planet.
Sheldrake's New Science of Life, written 1981,
was greeted with suggestions for "book burning."
But, his basic premises regarding morphic fields and resonance persist.
He uses them repeatedly as very plausible means to explain many of the questions listed above.
I recommend the book, but the reader needs to have the fortitude
to read through details of many scientific studies and the debate on scientific thought.
For a general view of the book and Sheldrake, the researcher and maverick,
you may wish to read the article linked below.
If not, it may be simply worth your understanding that
not all scientists follow the usual party line and believe that
the 10 Questions should be answered YES.
The title of this book in England is The Science Delusion.
Sheldrake has other less weighty books that may appeal to general readers -
such as Dogs That Know When Their Owners are Coming Home.
His website is http://sheldrake.org
Direct comments to theportableschool at gmail dot com.
Visit Draft Website for the PHENOMENON
I want to share with you some New Developments and
to invite your interest, comments, suggestions.
These involve my recent writing project.
Called PHENOMENON, it has three planned parts.
More may follow. Time and interest will tell.
• PHENOMENON - The Book: 13 Lives of the Millennium Man is a manuscript on the verge of publication. I have been researching and writing for the past 15 months, but have been following the threads of the story for decades. PHENOMENON is an extraordinary, fascinating, and also hard-to-believe series of tales about one person. The tales were “written” long ago. I have just strung them together and hopefully put The PHENOMENON in clear and honest light.
• PHENOMENON - The Website will appear in the next weeks to fill in gaps, provide maps and art works, add more amazing stories, and make wider connections than the 200-page biography has space for. Website details will follow as publication details are finalized.
• PHENOMENON - The Play naturally arose as the Book was being written. Many of the stories are very visual, the settings are sometimes panoramic, and the characters are cosmopolitan and multi-lingual. The PHENOMENON traveled and explored wide swathes of the known and unknown world in the 19th century.
PHENOMENON - The Play is now in the hands of two stagecraft people
in Montana - Tina Buckingham - and in Colorado - Melba Martinez.
I am awaiting their responses to the play draft.
Soooo … YOU can get involved if YOU like by
• Reading the opening few pages to the book. I guarantee they will keep your attention.
Click PHENOMENON to read the Introduction and see a draft Cover of the book.
Amity and Unity
“Ask not what your country can do for you;
ask what you can do for your country.”
John F. Kennedy
How long should we wait for things to change? Whom do we think will make things right, better, wonderful? Must we wait for government or God to act?
Let us stand together and care for each other, family and neighbors, fellows and citizens of other countries, friends and foes alike! We all belong to the same human race, dwell on the same planet Earth, and are created in a Greater Image. Set to practice the Golden Rule preached the world around.
Let’s all pitch in, again and again. We are never too old or weak to do a good deed and make a difference. Let our little lights shine.
“How wonderful it is that
nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world.”
The 2012 Walk Is Over,
But the 2002 Book Is Out
The latest adventure ended in Wells, NV, on October 6.
For a brief narrative, go the Blog.
Details folow in Lessons from Roads Less Traveled.
Copies of the new book about the Old Walk called
Montana Made Me Do IT:
Walk and Paint America Red White and Blue
are now on sale.
Just a few have read MMMDI
while the author has been decompressing from his excursion.
Former Marine Sergeant Frank Hutton,
started Baby Doctor, got through some of People Medicine,
but saluted MMMDI: "It's a great book!"
recently moved to the Wheatland Memorial Nursing Home,
said, "I loved it! When I get time, I'm going to read it again."
Charlotte McDevitt in Gardiner, MT, gives a cheer:
"The story is all intertwined and nicely told.
The book is entertaining, interesting and unique. It is good."
To purchase your copy of the book, contact
at theportableschool at gmail dot com
or make a $20 deposit in his paypal.com
account under the same email address.
For more description of the book or to scan photos from the trek,
go to MMMDI.